skip
gnb
contents
footer

History

facebook
twitter
print

Ancient History & Modern Times (Joseon)

ThePeriod of ThreeHans
  • Mahan Manroguk(tribal nation country, composed of 78 tribes, see Samgukjihanjeon for more details
ThePeriod of ThreeStates
  • Sinchon-hyeon, Gyeolgi-gun, Baekje
Silla
  • It was Sangon-hyeon among 13 hyeon (precincts) that belonged to Ungjin Dodok administration (refer to Samguksagi for more details about the geographic titles), and was renamed to Ungju Dodok administration unit in the sixth year of reign(666) by King Munmu, the 30th king of Silla.
  • It was reorganized into Ungju Dodok administration unit in the 16th year of reign(757) by King Gyeongdeok, the 35th king of Silla.
Unified Silla
  • Sineup-hyeon, Gyeolseong-gun under the supervision of Unju Dodok administration unit
Goryeo
  • Integrated into Wungju (currently Gongju) Boryeong-hyeon, through the reorganization under the 10 provincial system in the 14th year of reign by King Seongjong, the 6th king of Goryeo.
  • Integrated into Unju (currently Hongseong) Boryeong-hyeon of Yanggwangdo through the reorganization under the 5 provincial system in the 9th year(1018) of reign by King Hyeonjong, the 8th king of Goryeo.
Joseon
  • Boryeong-hyeon in the 13th year of reign (1413) by King Taejong, the 3rd king of Joseon
  • Promoted to Dodok administration unit in the third year of reign(1652) by King Hyojong, the 17th king of Joseon, and served as the Busa administered by Sugunjeoldosa (navy headquarters).
  • Demoted to Boryeng-hyeon in the 6th year of reign(1655) by King Hyojong, the 17th king of Joseon, and as a result, supervised 8 myeons, such as Jangcheok, Geumsin, Jupo, Mokchung, Myeongam, Cheongra-dong, Osan, and others- Renamed to Boryeong-gun through the local administration reorganization in the 32th year of reign(1895) by King Gojong, the 26th king of Joseon, and renamed Myeongam-myeon to Ura-myeon, and Osan Oe-myeon to Osamjeon-myeon, and transferred the administrative jurisdiction of Geumsin-myeon to Ocheon-gun.

The Present Age

1914
  • Integrated 9 myeons of Nampo-gun(Gunnae, Sinan, Buknae, Ungcheon, Goeup, Buleun, Seupeui, Bukoi, Simjeon), 4-myeons of Cheonbuk, 3 myeons of Ocheon-gun(Cheongdong, Hanam, Haseo), 6-ris of Gasan-myeon in Gyeolseong-gun(Jukhyeon, Nonghyeon, Gam-ri, Sin-ri, Machon, Jeomchon), and Jamyeong-ri of Sangseo-myeon in Hongsan-gun, in accordance with the Act to integrate the sub-county in the early part of Japan’s forcible colonial rule(1914), and relocated the county office which used to be located at Sinseong-ri (currently Boryeong-ri), Jupo-myeon, to 170, Daecheon-dong, Daecheon-si, and supervised 10 myeons and 111-ris, including Daecheon, Jupo, Ocheon, Cheonbuk, Cheongso, Cheongra, Nampo, Ungcheon, Jusan, and Misan.
1963
  • Promoted from Daecheon-myeon to Daecheon-eup on January 01 in accordance with the law and regulation no. 1177.
1970
  • Installed the branch office in Seongju, Masan-myeon, in accordance with the country Act no. 198 on July 27.
1971
  • Installed the branch office in Jugyo in accordance with the country Act no. 212 on February 01
1983
  • Integrated Pasudo, Napasudo, and Oedo in Sapsido-ri, Ocheon-myeon into Anmyeon-eup, Seosan-gun, and Galhyeon 2-ri, Ocheon-myeon into Yeonji-ri, Jupo-myeon, in accordance with the county Act no. 805 on February 15.
  • Installed fishery branch office in Ocheon-myeon in accordance with the county Act no. 838 on December 22.
1986
  • Daecheon-eup was promoted to Daecheon-si, being separated from Boryeong-gun, in accordance with the law no. 3798 on January 01. Supervised 6 administrative dongs(districts) and 10 legally-designated dongs, and 67 tongs and 214 bans.
  • Misan-myeon branch office was promoted to Seongju-myeon, in accordance with the Presidential Decree no. 11874 on March 27.
1989
  • Jogyo branch office of Jupo-myeon was promoted to Jugyo-myeon, in accordance with the county Act on April 01.
1990
  • Expanded the 8 tongs and 26 bans of Heungdeok-dong into 10 tons and 40 bans, in accordance with the municipal Act of Daecheon-si on September 19.
1991
  • Installed additional 9 tongs and 39 bans in Won, Daegwan, Daesin, Heungdeok, and Hyeonpo-dong in accordance with the municipal Act of Daecheon-si on December 31.
1994
  • Installed Wonsando branch office in accordance with the county Act 1350 on February 04.
  • Relocated to 269-4, Myeoncheon-dong, the current building, on October 01.
  • Installed additional 2 tongs and 9 bans in accordance with the municipal Act of Daecheon-si on December 26.
1995
  • Renamed to Daecheon-si and Boryeong-si which is integrated into Boryeong-gun, in accordance with the law no. 4774 on January 01.
  • Promoted from Ungcheon-myeon to Ungcheon-eup in accordance with the ‘Act of Boryeong-si’ no. 138 on March 02.
1997
  • Supervised the current 10 eups, 10-myeons, 6 dongs, 233 ris, 93 tongs, and 1,110 bans, in accordance with the ‘Act of Boryeong-si’ no. 247 on November 15.
1998
  • Integrated Wangdae-dong into Hyeonpo-dong, the administrative units, in accordance with the ‘Act of Boryeong-si’ no. 322 on October 28.
1999
  • Renamed Daecheon 1-dong and Daegwan-dong to Daecheon 2-dong, and Daesin-dong to Daecheon 3-dong, and Heungdeok-dong to Daecheon 4-dong, and Hyeonpo-dong to Daecheon 5-dong, in accordance with the ‘Act of Boryeong-si’ no. 368 on July 20.
2005
  • Governed one Eup, 10 Myon, 5 Dong, 235 Ri, 104 Tong, 1,162 Ban according to Boryeong City Regulation no.624 on Oct 20.
2007
  • Governed one Eup, 10 Myon, 5 Dong, 235 Ri, 105 Tong, 1,172 Ban according to Boryeong City Regulation no.704 on July 20.
2008
  • Governed one Eup, 10 Myon, 5 Dong, 235 Ri, 106 Tong, 1,181 Ban according to Boryeong City Regulation no.791 on Dec 30.
2009
  • Governed one Eup, 10 Myon, 5 Dong, 235 Ri, 109 Tong, 1,203 Ban according to Boryeong City Regulation no.825 on July 10.
2011
  • Governed one Eup, 10 Myon, 5 Dong, 235 Ri, 113 Tong, 1,207 Ban according to Boryeong City Regulation no.906 on April 20.
2013
  • Governed one Eup, 10 Myon, 5 Dong, 235 Ri, 114 Tong, 1,214 Ban according to Boryeong City Regulation no.906 on Sep 23.